Oct. 17, 2022|
Max 1min read
In this tutorial, I will guide you through the setup of the univents system and show you where to find the most important features and settings.
The first thing you'll get to see is the admin dashboard. You can find all your events, customers, orders, and reservations in one place. It already gives you the first instructions on what you need to do next to get your account fully set up.
On the left side, you can find the menu to navigate around the management admin. Let's go through them quickly to get an overview:
- Quick links: Pin the most important pages for quick access
- Home: Your dashboard
- Cashless (Growth plan and above): Set up your cashless shops and articles
- Events: Create and manage your events, ticket designs, venues, and seating plans
- Tags: Manage your event tags and tag categories
- Box office: Buy tickets for your customers
- E-Commerce: Create articles like merchandise and manage your tax bands
- Basket codes: Manage your discount and (secret) access codes
- Sales: Get an overview of your orders, reservations, and customers
- Users: Manage your users, their roles, and the types of events they can see
- Data capture: Create questions for the event checkout, set up forms to integrate into your website, and manage the internal per-event questions
- Website: Manage your listing sites, website, and e-mail texts, customize your branding, and set up your Google Tag manager as well as legal texts
- Articles (Growth plan and above): Create articles for your blog
- Finances: View your Univents invoices
- Reports: View various reports from attendance to sales and activities
- System: Import your data and check the last internal activities in the system
- Settings: Manage your business details and shop settings, connect your payment providers, and manage your API access codes and feature settings (Enterprise plan)
Steps for getting started
Now that we know where to find what, let's go through the specific steps to get you up and running.
Especially in Germany, the first thing you want to do is to make sure that everything is legally compliant. For that, first, go to "Settings" and update the company details (they will be reflected on the invoices for your events). Next up we need an imprint: Go to "Website > Menus" and then into the Footer menu section and click on "Create first footer menu item".
Enter "Imprint" into the Label section and select "Link to existing page" to enter your imprint URL. In case you do not have an imprint yet, you can create an imprint page easily by going to "Website > Pages" and clicking on "Add new page". Select a heading text and write your imprint information into the Body section and submit your new page.
Then go back to the footer menu settings from before and select "Link to existing page" to choose your freshly created imprint from the dropdown.
Alright, now that we got your website legally compliant, let's create the right tax rates for your tickets. Under "E-Commerce > Tax bands", you can set up tax rates to assign them to tickets or products. Just click on "Add new tax band" and enter the legally correct rate (for event tickets in Germany there is a 7% tax rate for cultural events and 19% for most other cases. Please ask your tax consultant to find out if your event classifies as a cultural event and which tax rates you have to apply).
To be able to receive payments directly to your account, you'll want to connect your payment providers to the system. For that, go to "Settings" and click on the "Payment settings" tab. Here you can see a section for PayPal and one for Stripe. Click on the payment methods and channels you want to enable (e.g. on shop for PayPal and Stripe) to make the settings button appear. Lastly, click on the settings button to connect your account (don't worry if you don't have one yet, you'll be guided through the registration process).
4 Branding and texts (optional)
To make the shop match the theme of your brand, you can integrate your logo and update the shop coloring. Go to "Website > Branding" to set your preferred color scheme and theme. Then upload your main logo (displayed in the shop header menu), your icon (appears in the browser tab), and your dark and light logo (appears in e-mails).
If you wish, you can also go to "Website > Texts" to customize texts for your shop and e-mails.
5 Tracking (optional)
With these steps done, you're fully set up and ready to go. We wish you some great events!